Friday, March 27, 2009

RED - Red Envelope Day March 31, 2009

http://www.redenvelopeday.com/

Let's make a difference! If you are pro-life, then please, please, please help out by participating in Red Envelope Day!

Red Envelope Day was started because the founder had been praying and fasting before God and asking Him what he could do, and God gave him the idea for Red Envelope Day (the intials of which, he later discovered, also spell RED). This individual acted in obedience to what God told him, and here we are!

Red Envelope Day is March 31, 2009. What you do: Take a red envelope and seal it (empty). On the front, address it to:

President Barack Obama
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW
Washington D.C. 20500

On the back of the envelope, write:

This envelope represents one child who died because of an abortion. It is empty because the life that was taken is now unable to be a part of our world.

Responsibility begins with conception.

Put your return address on it, add a stamp, and mail it out March 31. And that's it!

Another option: Go to http://http//redenvelopeday.com/send.html and they will send one out on March 31 for you. It is $1.10 per envelope you send to cover the costs of postage, the envelopes, and credit card/paypal fees. If you really just can't afford the $1.10 or don't have a credit/debit card, etc., then leave me a comment or contact me and I will send one for you!



FAQ about the Red Envelope Project

Why red?

The envelopes represent the innocent blood shed through abortion, and the plea for the blood of Jesus over the sin of our nation. This campaign is a symbolic act to flood the mail with red. The more we send, the more powerful this symbol will be.

Why March 31?

Although that date was chosen arbitrarily by Brian Potter when he created Red Envelope Day, it also reinforces the symbolism of blood. The envelopes will be arriving near the beginning of Holy Week, just prior to the start of Passover. I don’t think it is a coincidence that these arrive so near the annual remembrance of the Passion and Death of Christ. I joined with the Red Envelope Day effort because it had the most momentum, and Brian Potter was in communication with me. The other dates that have appeared on the internet did not originate with me, and those anonymous individuals never contacted me–and have created a lot of confusion.

Where do I send them, and will empty envelopes be delivered?

The White House, 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington D.C. 20500.
As long as you have proper postage, federal law requires the delivery of all mail. Messages on the outside of an envelope will not hinder their delivery. There are many strange urban myths about where the mail is going, and that no empty envelopes will be delivered by the USPS. Red envelopes are not a problem for the postal service (hand addressed envelopes are more of an issue and require hand processing) and can be scanned. Although empty envelopes may not be opened, they will be delivered.
Postal workers have contacted me to tell me the letters are coming through the mail, but that they need to be standard sizes. If you send square red letters, please put 62 cents on the envelope. They will be returned without proper postage.

Where can I get red envelopes?

A Christian printer has given the best deal I am aware of and you can get it here.
You can also send them online from here.
Both of these sources have negotiated agreements with me, and they are not profiting from their involvement or using this to raise money.

What organization is behind the Red Envelope Project?

This movement is a true grass roots phenomenon. There is no entity behind this project other than the thousands of men, women and children that have volunteered their time, money, and effort to be involved. The Red Envelope Project has spread largely through emails and word of mouth. I believe that many have been moved by the Holy Spirit to do this. It has crossed all denominational lines, and has brought together the efforts of Roman Catholics and Protestants in our common value for life and the blood of Christ. Churches, schools, CCD classes, youth groups, religious communities, and small groups have joined in this effort.
I have endorsed redenvelopeproject.org and redenvelopeday.com as officially representing this concept, although there are countless blogs, several other websites, and many youtube videos carrying the message. Brad Miller created Red Envelope Project, and his effort was the first to count the envelopes sent. He has joined forces with two other websites that were started in the beginning. Red Envelope Day was started by Brian Potter. I am receiving emails from both sites.

Who is funding this effort?

The individuals who are volunteering their time are also volunteering their resources. I have requested that the red envelope idea not be used for fundraising. I am a prayer missionary, and live by faith. I am not using the red envelope project to raise funds for my ministry.

What kind of feedback are you getting?

I would guess the feedback is roughly 99.9% positive. I have been contacted by more women who have had abortions than any other group. These women have thanked me for giving them a way to have a voice. After post-abortive women, young people, including many children, have contacted me and thanked me for sharing this idea.
The small amount of negative feedback can be broken down into three groups. First, pro-life activists (no, I don’t understand). Second, pro-choice people telling me I don’t care about raped women (nearly all say that–even though rape victims are a tiny percentage of abortions). Third, obscene or insulting comments. The last two groups have largely been anonymous. I guess it’s safe to say they aren’t willing to put their name on the freedom to take innocent life. About one email in a hundred is negative.

Do you really think that this will make a difference?

Yes. But not because it is an effective form of protest. I think it will make a difference because it was done out of obedience to what I thought God was guiding me to do. Any time you obey God you will make a difference. I am astounded at the response so far. The fact that it has brought so many people together, encouraged them, and also changed a few hearts along the way is exciting. The fact that it has motivated thousands to pray is also exciting.

Do I think it will change the President?
I don’t know. Seeing how the mainstream media is covering up the tea parties, I doubt they will cover this story (Although, from my math, the White House should be receiving at least 20,000 red letters daily). Last week I received an unsolicited call from a senator’s office. They thought that I was in Washington, and that I must have a huge PAC. This gave me indication that someone on Capitol Hill knows about these envelopes. So, I guess it is making a difference.
Ultimately though, this is about the war of ideas. These red envelopes in the mail are igniting a lot of folks to think about the value of life. If a new generation can begin to care about life, we are going to win the war of ideas. I think the red letters have done this.

Doesn’t Responsibility begin BEFORE conception?

Absolutely. Lots of folks seem to be bothered by that last line. I think a lot of people are overthinking it all. (I have even been accused of creating a ploy to get good Catholics to promote contraception!) This line is a reference to the President’s inaugural address, in which he called Americans to begin creating a culture of responsibility. Part of this culture was not taking innocent life, according to the new President. As you may know, the next day his actions spoke otherwise. Sadly, either a lot of people weren’t listening, or didn’t understand.
For those who are interested, I have been involved in working with young people to make good choices regarding relationships and sexuality. I myself have suffered the consequences of bad choices, and want to help others avoid making my mistakes. Sexuality has been devalued as another form of entertainment, and because of that, life has been devalued as well. The conception of a child is intended for the sanctuary of holy matrimony.

Why is your name misspelled on the website?

It’s not. My name rhymes with “mist” and I am named after my Great-grandfather, Christ Masse. It was at one time a common German name, and means “christian.” My name is also misspelled on my passport, my driver’s license, and my birth certificate.

What is the goal of this project?

This project is a living parable of my philosophy of life, “listen to the Lord and do what He tells you.” If you make listening to God a habit, and you do what God tells you, you are going to impact the world around you. My main goal is to show people that anything is possible if you listen to God.
My second goal is to communicate the message, “Fear not, God can be trusted.” By simply trusting God, this idea has reaped amazing results.
Finally, we are trying to change the president’s heart. This is a message to a man that God hears the cry of innocent blood. It is not a political stunt, although I hope it changes policy in Washington. If the capitol is flooded with so many letters that no one can deny it, I am hoping the image will be burned into Barack Obama’s mind that this is about human blood, and that he lies awake at night until he cannot resist doing something about it. Even if the mainstream media ignores this, I know I was obedient, and SOMEBODY in Washington will have to cope with 50 million red envelopes.

What can I do after I send my envelopes?

You can pray. I recommend this prayer:
Jesus I plead your blood over my sin, and the sin of my nation. God end abortion and send revival to America.
You can begin to listen to God and do what he tells you.
You can turn off the TV, and BE NOT AFRAID.
Bad ideas are always bad. Truth and time go hand in hand. Good ideas are always good, they often just need a new medium.

Who has endorsed the project?

The Diocese of Scranton
Life Issues Institute
The Eagle Forum
Concerned Women for America
Women’s Christian Temperance Union
Coral Ridge Ministries
And many, many local churches. Thank you!

1 comment:

Librarian_MJ said...

That's an awesome idea! We have postcards from church about the Freedom of Choice Act that we've all been sending out.

New Generation of Children Praying