Thursday, March 5, 2009

1-5-10-Timeout!

Koltin is Mr. Personality at our house, and his little mind just cracks me up. When the kids aren't minding us, we usually count to 3, and if they don't do what they are supposed to do by the time we count to 3, they go to timeout. Usually, it's Koltin that is misbehaving. One day, Koltin decided to exercise a little timeout counting of his own. He stood up on one of the chairs in the kitchen and, using a random toy as a microphone, starting pointing and sending various things into timeout, including me! "One, five, ten, TIMEOUT! One, five, ten, TIMEOUT, Mom!"


On another day around this same time, I went into the kitchen where the kids were having a snack and saw that they had put their toy giraffe into timeout. "Uh-oh," I said. "What did the giraffe do?" They just told me he was in timeout so I went about my business. After a few minutes, I came back into the kitchen, and saw that the giraffe was wet and some of their milk was now on the table. I got a little upset at this point and starting getting on to them about playing in their food. Then Koltin got all upset and protested, "But Mom, the giraffe was eating my cereal!" He made it sound like it wasn't his fault at all that the giraffe was eating his cereal, and see, they had put him into timeout for being so bad. It was so darn cute, I just had to laugh!

5 comments:

DG said...

What a stinker!!! That is so cute. And the picture is hysterical! I wish it was still socially acceptable to look like that while eating as an adult...sometimes I feel like that is how I look after dinner! LOL!

The Leeths said...

I agree with Jess! I wish it was socially acceptab;e to look like this while eating! I am sure people wouldn;t look at me as strangly in resteraunts! lol :)

Amber said...

How can you punish someone that cute?

Love you,

AB

Amber said...

Yeah um, The cloth diaper hting didn;t work out. We didn't even try them. Ayana has a blow out so many times in the day and I just couldn't do it. :)

Amber said...

i am giving her formula and pedialite.

New Generation of Children Praying