Monday, February 23, 2009

The Healing Power of a Kiss

Don't you just love the way that kisses make things "all better"? My kids could have just fallen and gotten a bruise/bump on their head, but if I kiss it, they magically are ok. I hadn't realized though, that all this time the magical kiss was also instilling compassion. Our kids have a little "kid" table that they eat and do crafts at that sits in the kitchen. One day I was in there and somehow I jammed my toe on one of the table legs. I wasn't very happy about it (for some reason this one pinky toe likes to get jammed on a regular basis--it's quite maddening!). Anyway, my son Koltin saw that I was upset and asked, "What do, Mom?" (What did you do?) I told him, "I hurt myself." "Oh," he replied. "Table get you?" "Yea, the table got me." "Oh. You ok?" "Yea. Mommy got an owie, but I'm ok." "Want me kiss it?" My heart completely melted at this point and I allowed him to kiss my "owie". What a sweetie boy I have! And you know what? Kisses really do make it "all better"--My toe really did hurt less after that kiss!

2 comments:

The Leeths said...

I love any kisses my boys will give me! But when it is on an owie, it makes such a difference!!

DG said...

I love this story, so cute. I can so see Koltin with his cute little man face asking to kis your owie. ADORABLE! You have 2 of the sweetest little kids ever, they can both warm your heart without saying a word, it has been a joy watching them grow. You and Kyle are such GREAT parents!

New Generation of Children Praying